Tuesday 1 April 2014

The new American Blow Dry by WELLA

The trend for Blow Dry Bars is booming, from New York to L.A blow dry bars have really created a great hype lately.
That "fresh from the hairdresser look" we all want is now achievable thanks to Wella American Blow Dry .
With a blow dry service and specific Wella Hair products in 45 min to 1 hour ( depending on the hair's lenght)  you can get a wonderful look that will last for a few days.
In Switzerland this service is now available at "Room of Style" in Zurich, the Hair Salon owned by Wella Trend Coach and top Hairstylist Björn Von Rotz but will gradually be available in other Wella Salons throughout the country by Summer.

I felt so honoured and lucky:-) to have been kindly invited to try out the new Wella American  Blow Dry yesterday at "Room of Style" in Zurich.
The salon is absolutely beautiful, decorated with such wonderful taste with art deco pieces and great antiques finds. I must admit I never seen anything like it in a salon, as I am usually used to modern lines but  I must confess I loved it! The salon  has even a library, where clients can relax reading The New Yorker or just sip a cup of Green Tea. They even wash your hair in a room that has been beautifully decorated to look like a tent . It reminded me of one of those luxurious tent you see in the desert.
It is a truly relaxing environment!
You can get a better idea by looking at the pictures below!
After a brief introduction from Wella Senior Communications Sabina, a nice welcome drink and appetizers we were left in the hands of Salon Owner Björn Von Rotz.
He kindly gaves a tour of the salon and explained all about the American Blow dry experience we were about to have.
I was then left with Gaby one of the hairstylist and she made me decide in which room I wanted to have my blow dry.
I selected the room with the two old clothes rail turned into salon dressing tables with neon lights. The room even has an old Dentist's cabinet used as a great products display cabinet!
The cards showing the 4 different looks were already laid out on the dressing table for me to look at.
The four looks inspired by the US big cities are:

-VEGAS VOLUME
-MIAMI BEACH WAWES
-MANHATTAN SLEEK
-HOLLYWOD GLAM





A while ago I had my Instagram followers to vote which look I should choose and Hollywood Glam came out on top!
So this is obviously the style I went for!
Hairstylist Gaby started to show me and explaining me how she would proceed and she started by washing my hair.
To achieve the Hollywood Glam look , she washed my Hair with the WELLA ENRICH Shampoo and WELLA ENRICH Conditioner.
She then started dividing my hair into sections and drying my hair with the technique they call "Rock and Roll" moving the brush from the mid-shaft to the end, back and forth, then giving a twirling motion at the end to give the hair a curl and life with the help of WELLA VELVET AMPLIFIER.
I must say she had her work cut out with my long hair but she really did a good job!
At the end she sprayed my hair with WELLA STAY ESSENTIAL hairspray and gave the curls some definition by working with her fingers through my hair with a bit  of WELLA MIRROR POLISH serum.
The result is amazing! I look so different!
Gaby then went to explain me how I can make my look last a few days with just a few steps and the help of WELLA products.
She showed me how to clip my hair overnight in a way that in the morning I would just need to unclip it, shake my hair a bit and giving it some definition with WELLA MIRROR SHINE and the style would be perfect again .As an alternative I could also turn the curl into some beach waves by spraying my hair with WELLA OCEAN SPRITZ Spray.
They gave me a lovely gift bag to take home with all the wonderful products I need to keep my hair looking great!
Thanks WELLA for the wonderful experience!



Hollywood Glam !







With the other participants



Björn Von Rotz telling us about 
the Wella Blow Dry




Tea and snacks









Checking out the Wella products



The library interior 


Art books



Inspirations board at the Salon



One of the salon's room 




The models


 

The room decorated as a tent









The look explained






Showing us how to clip the hair overnight



And here we go!



I was left in the hands of Gaby the hairstylist







Gaby at work




The tools







The final result





With the WELLA team



 At home




Wonderful WELLA Products













































No comments:

Post a Comment